Thursday, October 1, 2009

RAVENS vs. PATRIOTS

I have a feeling this weeks game is going to be one for the ages. The Ravens have never beat the Patriots in their short history but this year seems like everything is going the Ravens way. I'd like to say I'm really confident in a Ravens win this week, but Tom Brady at home is very hard to beat. If this game isn't a blowout by the Patriots from Tom Brady picking apart our secondary, then they'll probably win a close game. If the Ravens can pull out the upset here, they will establish themselves as the best team in football.
The Ravens gotta be hoping that Tom Brady isn't on his game this week. He's looked good, but he doesn't look as comfortable with his offense yet as he has earlier. I think a lot of it has to do with last seasons injury.
I was looking up old articles and video of the classic 2007 battle between the 2 teams, and it still hurts. This video I found mentions that game a little but gives you a good idea how Sundays game is going to play out. It also gives a VERY interesting stat comparing Joe Flacco and Tim Brady's 2nd years. They're very similar. Also ESPN has a good preview of the game found here.
Overall I think the Patriots will pull this one out, but the Ravens could definitely surprise the nation with an upset victory. GO RAVENS!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. It was a good game--sorry it didn't turn out the way you had hoped. The game calling was a little lame, though I have to admit I was surprised to see Ray Lewis complain about it--he usually seems more circumspect than that...

    ReplyDelete